Google Search Console is a fantastic tool where you can get an overview of how your site is performing in Google search. The console has a lot of handy tools, allowing you to track useful metrics for your SEO campaign. This includes asking Google to (re)evaluate your errors and seeing how Google sees pages and URLs on your site.
The Performance Report Overview showed how your site had performed over the past 28 days. This allowed you to analyse data over the last month. There have been requests to extend the time range and the report now shows data from the past 90 days. Although a small change, it offers marketers and SEOs more useful data about the performance of their website.
If you have Discover data available on your Search Console account, we are making a small tweak to the Performance report: we’re changing the default time range of the Discover and Search bars to 90 full days. To learn more about Discover Analytics check https://t.co/li1n4MGibi pic.twitter.com/drun98csQp
— Google Webmasters (@googlewmc) June 10, 2019
Why can’t I see the Discover report in Search Console?
If you can’t see the Discover report in your Search Console, it’s likely your site is not receiving enough clicks and/or impressions from the feed. The Discover feed is tailored to a user’s search and browsing activity and only appears on mobile devices. As long as your content has been indexed, there is a chance it can appear in the Discover feed. To appear in the feed, no special tags or structured data are needed, however, to increase the chance of appearing, you should:
- Post interesting content
- Use high-quality images
- Ensure your site is mobile-friendly
Why are the benefits of using Google Search Console?
- Search console gives you direct insight from Google so you’re able to view how search engines see your website
- You’re able to check your site for any errors, broken pages etc.
- Google will also message you through search console regarding any issues or actions that have been taken against your website
- App developers are able to use search console to implement deep linking to their apps
- Search console will also help you discover any issues that might hurt our search result rankings
Your Social Media Cheat Sheet for 2019
Have you created engaging content for social media but unsure of when to post? That's where our 2019 Social Media Cheat Sheet comes in.
SEO Risks to Take and to Avoid
We have taken a look at the SEO risks you should take, as well as the ones you should avoid in order to have a successful website.